What they're saying...
The most inspirational thing about staying at Mpora Rural Family home is the people who live there. Staying here is a chance to relax or explore in a perfect rural location. By staying you are helping to pay the school fees of the kids who live there. What could be better?
How funds are raised
As an Non Government Organisation, the Mpora Rural Family Home does not receive state funding and is dependent on donations, usually from visiting tourists and subsistence provided by the Mpora farm.
Tourism, school fee sponsorship, applications to trust funds, volunteer placements and gift donations are currently the main sources of funding for the project.
How you can help?
- annual sponsorship of individual children to cover costs of school uniforms, food, bedding and medical care. It costs about $120 to pay for school fees, accommodation, meals, uniform and books for a child per year. If you can help by making a donation please get in touch.
- visit the Homestay and contribute by paying for your stay and or undertaking any of the eco- tourist trips avaiable as part of your visit volunteer to help develop and embed education and agriculture programmes
- send us text books, school stationery and furniture we welcome your ideas, advice and support to initiate income generating projects such as a brick moulding scheme
- fund raise to enable expansion of both schools in the medium term, the construction of a student hostel in Fort Portal and more eco-tourism guest houses at the MRFH
- Help to spread the word and provide PR and publicity opportunities for the project
Contact Morence on WhatsApp +256 781105031